Why Get Your Oil Changed? Over time, the oil in your car breaks down thermally due the high operating temperature in your car. When this breakdown happens, the oil is as effective as a lubricant for your engine, and without a good lubricant, parts of the engine will inevitable rub together and wear out in your Honda.
In order to keep your new or pre-owned Honda running in the best possible shape, you should use motor oil that has been created just for your car: Genuine Honda Motor Oil. This oil combines lube base stocks and a special additive package that will promote your engine's best performance.
Our Honda Service Center proudly uses both conventional and synthetic Genuine Honda Motor Oil.
Our Express oil changes include:
- Replacement of engine oil with Genuine Honda motor oil
- Replacement of your oil filter with a Genuine Honda filter
- Multi-point safety inspection
- Top off all fluids
- Test battery
- Inflate tires to proper inflation
- Free car wash
- Today's sophisticated engine systems require a lubricant designed specifically for improved engine performance, increased fuel efficiency and reduced engine deposits. Many new Honda models are certified for a new zero weight synthetic lubrication standard (SAE OW-20). Our OW-20 is a low-viscosity synthetic oil formulated to provide uniform lubrication and reduce friction throughout the engine. Lighter than conventional engine oil, OW-20 evenly and uniformly bathes your engine's moving parts, which means less wear and tear, better thermal stability and increased engine efficiency.
- More Miles per Gallon - by increasing the efficiency of your engine's oil flow and reducing friction, genuine Honda OW-20 oil delivers a boost in fuel efficiency, from 0.4 to 0.6 miles per gallon when compared to conventional or non-synthetic oils.
- Extended Oil Change Intervals - Low-viscosity lubrication also brings improved engine performance through a wide range of temperatures. Especially in cold weather, a quicker oil flow to critical parts will result in faster starts and better overall engine protection. The superior qualities of synthetic oil have allowed the oil change interval to be extended from 5,000 miles to 10,000 miles for most models. However, you should continue to check the oil level regularly and top-off if needed. That will help your engine get the full benefit of the new oil. Genuine Honda OW-20 synthetic motor oil helps provide lower cost of ownership through extended oil change intervals.
- Brands of Synthetic Oil - Genuine Honda Motor Oil OW-20 includes a Honda-specific additive package that will provide the best results for oil performance and fuel economy - it is what the engine was designed to use. Other OW-20 synthetic oils may be used, but they aren't optimized for Honda engines. Genuine Honda OW-20 synthetic motor oil meets and surpasses all new Honda model specifications, and is certified by the American Petroleum Institute (API).
- Expense - While the up-front cost will likely be $20-30 higher, synthetic oil can help save money in the long-run. With fuel economy ratings that typically run ½ mile per gallon higher, fuel savings alone can help repay the added cost of the oil. This does not even include the other longevity benefits of the synthetic oil to your engine.
If your new Honda needs an oil change, bring it in to our Service Center here at Honda Marysville, and our Honda service experts will change your oil so you and your engine can get back out on the road.